Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Photo(s) of the Day

So I felt it was necessary to cut out a few stops in Utah and Wyoming in order to get to Lake Tahoe sooner. Lake Tahoe was having a great winter until I showed up. Now it's warm with no snow in the immediate forecast. I got a few hours of riding in at Kirkwood which was fun. It was good to be back and see a bunch of friends and familiar places.

Now I'm in San Francisco for a few days seeing a few friends and then I'll be back in Tahoe for the weekend. There is a tele comp at Alpine Meadows that I'll be shooting as long as everything goes according to plan and I don't get distracted and end up somewhere else.

For now here are a few photos:

If Crested Butte wasn't cool enough already, it turns out they find any reason/excuse they can to dress up in costume. Every year they have a nordic race through town called the Alley Loop. They pack the streets with snow, groom it and send hundreds of competitors of all ages and skill levels through it. It was a fun event that I'm glad I stuck around for. Some people are very serious about it and some simply get wasted and dress up and cruise around.

Luigi leads


Here he comes to save the day


Ketchup wasn't far behind


Backcountry twin jumps


Gunnison National Forest - Colin


Night shoot in Crested Butte - Seaton


Snowbird


Mineral Basin at Snowbird


The tram - 3,240 feet up in one shot is key

Snowbird

Now I'm off for adventures in SF with Taylor and Jenna.

No comments:

Post a Comment