Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Crested Butte and Telluride

I haven't had internet access in a few days, or my desktop to upload all of my new photos, so it's been difficult to post on my blog. But I stepped into a small coffee shop in Telluride to get a little work done and utilize some wifi. So much has happened in the last five days I can't tell it all in the 10 minutes I have to type this up. Crested Butte and Telluride have been my favorite towns and resorts so far, so there is a lot to be said.

I spent three days in Crested Butte and Laci and Kirsten with CBMR PR synced me up with two tele skiers to photograph and show me around the mountain. Colin and Seaton MacMillan made my time in Crested Butte unforgetable. They not only showed me the best runs, the longest lasting powder stashes and the best places to eat in town, but they invited me into their home, took me snowmobiling and even invited me back anytime (which I'm taking them up on and returning tonight). They are two very talented skiers and all around great people who are making it difficult to leave Crested Butte.

The last two days were spent in Telluride which is a breathtakingly beautiful area. A rustic mining town in a box canyon, surrounded by 12,000-14,000+ mountains. My time is up and I have to run. There is much more to say about both places and as long as I can find some internet access I'll be posting more ASAP.

I'm heading to Ouray which is nicknamed "The Switzerland of America" to hit up some natural hot springs and vapor caves (suggested by Colin and Seaton). Then I'm returning to Crested Butte for a backcountry shoot with the twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment